Difference between revisions of "Packaging on Mac OS X"
(Spliting OSs from Packaging)
(Better xcode 4 method and more comprehensive instructions.)
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
Xcode 4 or higher
click "" in the "Product" menu, the " Release
--in the and
the "Release-" .
Revision as of 11:33, 20 January 2012
This page documents how to package VDrift for release on the Mac OS X operating system.
In Xcode 4 or higher:
- First change the "Bundle versions string, short" in Info.plist from yyyy-mm-dd to the date of the release.
- Then click "Edit Scheme..." in the "Product" menu, select the Run item on the left and change "Build Configuration" to Release.
- Now build the application and you will get a file named vdrift-mac-yyyy-mm-dd.dmg in build/Release. Just change the date again and this file can be uploaded to Sourceforge.
- Once you've finished remember to reset the version to yyyy-mm-dd in Info.plist and the build configuration to Debug before committing any changes.
If you don't have Xcode 4, do the same as above but replace the second step with:
- Switch to the "Release" Build style using the popup-menu in the toolbar and hit "Build" from XCode's "Build" menu.