Old Method of Installing on Mac OS X
- See Hardware requirements and Software requirements.
- VDrift requires Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" or higher.
- Download the latest VDrift release for Mac OS X from or SourceForge (a link to the latest version is always on the home page at vdrift.net).
- If you are not using Safari as your browser or disabled the automatic opening of safe file types you have to double click the downloaded .dmg file (probably in your download folder).
- Drag or copy all the files and folders from the mounted disk image named "VDrift" to your Applications folder.
- Double-click the vdrift application now found in your Applications folder.
Compiling from Source
If you're interested in developing VDrift or checking out the very latest additions to the project, then you may want to try compiling from source.